Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Friday, January 14, 2005

Life, the Universe, and Everything

My life's a bit complicated right now. Three parts of it are unsettled: Work, school, and man.

My next move is to go visit Steve in England. But I'm not sure when I'll be able to go, and it will probably be a last minute thing. He's going to be really busy with work, transfering an ROV. So I'm not sure when I'll be able to go.

Next, School, well, I'm definitely not going to stay around home and take the Business Ethics course at ABU. I'm hoping they'll let me do it by directed studies, and therefore from a distance. The V.P. of Academics has to approve that (I should hear any day) and the prof has already agreed to it. If it doesn't get approved, I'll take the course by correspondence ... in September from U of Waterloo (it's too late to apply for it this semester).

Now work ... work is actually the part of my life that has just fallen into place. I spontaneourly decided to work for the 6 week spring seasonal contract on the Spirit. My motivation was that my friend, Cookie Christy is going to that ship for the contract too. It will be really fun to work with her again. In order to ensure that I could get a placement on that ship as well, I had to commit to it right away. I'm going back to the ship Feb 13- April 1st.

So now I guess the other parts of my life will have to fit around work. School will work either way, as staying in Moncton is not an option anyway. And I'll just have to visit Steve for the first week of Feb and be back before Feb 12th.

Hopefully everything else will fall into place now, too.




1 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger EnjoyTheSilence said…

    I was curious, is working on a ship as fun as it seems? I have always wanted to do it, but was woried that it may not be that much fun...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home