Worst flight ever!
So I'm in Charleston SC right now visiting Pete on the cable ship. Getting here was the worst flight ever! First of all, I booked with Delta, as it was the cheapest. I was a little wary about it, since they're in restructuring, or whatever. I was supposed to fly at 6am Sunday ... Halifax to Boston, Boston to Atlanta, and Atlanta to Charleston. Like I said, I got the cheapest flight...
Well, at 12:20 am Sunday (yes, middle of the night) I had a call from Delta saying that they were cancelling the flight out of Halifax, so they rebooked me a flight with Continental... it left at the same time, and going via Newark, would get me in to Charleston at 11:30am, 2 hours earlier than the Delta flight would've. Sweet ... I had no qualms about the change.
So I was up again at 2:30 am and drove to Halifax. Got on the Continental flight to Newark. Unfortunatly, there was fog in Newark. We tried to land... got down just about the runway, then pulled up again. Circled around, attempted to land again. Same thing, pulled up. We had to divert to Albany NY for fuel. We waited in the plane, on the ground in Albany for 3 hours!!!! We couldn't get off the plane as they didn't have the customs guys working on Sunday. The weather in Newark had worsened.... we had to wait. Ugg.... Luckily I didn't have any pressing reason to get to my destination. There was one couple on the plane who, because of the delay, would not make it in time for their cruise on the Norwegian Sun. I felt really bad for them.
Unfortunately, while stuck on the plane I couldn't call Pete to tell him not to go to the airport. Poor guy wasted a lot of time in the airport waiting for me.
Anyway, we finally got in to Newark at noon, 4 hours later than our scheduled arrival time. I was able to get a 3pm flight to Charleston, arriving at 6pm. Ugg, as you can imagine, I was tired and grumpy.
It was easily my worst flight ever.
Well, at 12:20 am Sunday (yes, middle of the night) I had a call from Delta saying that they were cancelling the flight out of Halifax, so they rebooked me a flight with Continental... it left at the same time, and going via Newark, would get me in to Charleston at 11:30am, 2 hours earlier than the Delta flight would've. Sweet ... I had no qualms about the change.
So I was up again at 2:30 am and drove to Halifax. Got on the Continental flight to Newark. Unfortunatly, there was fog in Newark. We tried to land... got down just about the runway, then pulled up again. Circled around, attempted to land again. Same thing, pulled up. We had to divert to Albany NY for fuel. We waited in the plane, on the ground in Albany for 3 hours!!!! We couldn't get off the plane as they didn't have the customs guys working on Sunday. The weather in Newark had worsened.... we had to wait. Ugg.... Luckily I didn't have any pressing reason to get to my destination. There was one couple on the plane who, because of the delay, would not make it in time for their cruise on the Norwegian Sun. I felt really bad for them.
Unfortunately, while stuck on the plane I couldn't call Pete to tell him not to go to the airport. Poor guy wasted a lot of time in the airport waiting for me.
Anyway, we finally got in to Newark at noon, 4 hours later than our scheduled arrival time. I was able to get a 3pm flight to Charleston, arriving at 6pm. Ugg, as you can imagine, I was tired and grumpy.
It was easily my worst flight ever.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home