Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Weekends

I love weekends here. After working on the ship 7 days a week, weekends were one of the bonus's I was really looking forward to here. I haven't been let down.
This past weekend I had friends over for dinner and I cooked! I know, I just said I cooked. For real, and it was good. The shrimp appetizers were the best part of the meal... I'll make those again. The rest of the weekend was spent pretty much getting ready for that - for those of you who don't know me, I don't cook at all....
This coming weekend Kathy is coming to visit and I'm really excited about that. I'm sure we can find lots of things to keep us entertained and laughing.
The following weekend is a long weekend... luner New Year's. Unfortunately, the extra day off is Monday, and not the Friday (the day after my b-day). I'm not sure what we'll get up to yet, but a long weekend holds many possibilities. Unfortunately, the whole of Korea is on the move that weekend, so I think we'll be limited to Changwon fun. Maybe I'll attempt one of the mountains... yeah, right... too early for that I think - I haven't been to the gym yet.
The weekend of Feb 4th has plans already too. I'm going shark diving ... that's right, scuba diving with sharks..... but it's in an aquarium, so it doesn't really count :P These shaks are well fed, so I don't think they'll be snacking on me. I'm not worried... I have the proper Korean health insurance. I figure they'll pull be out right away if something does go wrong, and ... hey, they'll probably make a movie out of it or something! I'm looking forward to it, anyway. Watch this space. There'll be photos.

What luck!! Found out today that I do get the 27th off... the school is closing early for the holiday. Convienent, since it's the day after my birthday.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sharks? Did You say SHARKS? Wow,I would love to do that, even it's aquarium and that doesn't count but hey- I like Sharks..,specially the Great White ones..,maybe I should get tatoo or something with this amazing animals..,anyhow,enjoy for Me a little bit,will You? Regards from the End Of the World..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home