Mechanics
I don't like mechanics. I don't trust any mechanic who isn't a brother of mine. We picked up our car today at noon, and after a couple test drives and tweaking, it met our approval. We were very scared at first when he told us the lpg gas system wasn't working. It worked when we dropped it off at the mechanic.... turns out the guy was just misinformed. So we paid 300$ for the tune up, which included new leads (spark plug cables??) and vacuum seals.
Glad to have wheels again, Brian and I went shopping for the afternoon. Our cell phone had died a couple days ago... we hoped it was just a warn out battery, but it was fried. We ended up having to buy a new phone (at the same price we had paid for the other that we bought used).
Unfortunately when we were ready to leave, our car wouldn't start. It seemed like a problem with the starter. We called the roadside assistance guy and he had a neat trick... stuck a long pipe somewhere in the engine and gave the starter a tap - and it worked. He said it just gets stuck sometimes. Well, we were thrilled that it wasn't a major problem. That is, until we got home (our friends place) and it wouldn't start again. We called the same guy, and he came and taught Brian just where and how to stick that piece of rebar. Brian's an expert, but apparently we'll have to take it to get the starter looked at and possibly replaced. Sigh. We've decided to upgrade our roadside assistance coverage to the hilt. I'm not a big fan of our car anymore. And I'm very suspicious of those mechanics ....
Glad to have wheels again, Brian and I went shopping for the afternoon. Our cell phone had died a couple days ago... we hoped it was just a warn out battery, but it was fried. We ended up having to buy a new phone (at the same price we had paid for the other that we bought used).
Unfortunately when we were ready to leave, our car wouldn't start. It seemed like a problem with the starter. We called the roadside assistance guy and he had a neat trick... stuck a long pipe somewhere in the engine and gave the starter a tap - and it worked. He said it just gets stuck sometimes. Well, we were thrilled that it wasn't a major problem. That is, until we got home (our friends place) and it wouldn't start again. We called the same guy, and he came and taught Brian just where and how to stick that piece of rebar. Brian's an expert, but apparently we'll have to take it to get the starter looked at and possibly replaced. Sigh. We've decided to upgrade our roadside assistance coverage to the hilt. I'm not a big fan of our car anymore. And I'm very suspicious of those mechanics ....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home