Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Teacher's Day


Today was Teacher's Day in Korea - a day to recognize teachers. Some of the public schools were closed - what more could a teacher want than a day off, right? We had to work, but we got a lot of gifts from the parents. We got a lot of gifts from the kindergarten students- not so many from the elementary school students. The gifts range in price and usefulness from handkerchiefs and socks (the staple gifts, it seems) to more elaborate like expensive make-up and gift certificates. I got Chanel, Dior and Estee Lauder lipsticks, a tea set, necklace, mugs, cap, stickers, expensive chocolates, socks and handkerchiefs. Brian was the envy of all the teachers with his 30$ gift certificates for Outback Steakhouse and a 50$ certificate for the big department store here.
I spent the evening writing thank you notes - I kept track of which gift was from who...(the other teachers were wishing they had done that as well) I suppose I get that from my grandmother.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What fun, seems like a second Christmas, some useful gifts too. We check in to your blog every day, Love to you both, Aunt Carole & Uncle Bill

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that tea set would be nice with my Berenstein Bears.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home