Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Content

It amazes me how content I am here. I guess because it's familiar, and I had a positive experience last time; coming back doesn't bother me. One of my friends said he had a nightmare that he came back to Korea. I'm happy here. Haven't met any other expats yet. Had my first day of teaching yesterday, and it went well. I have more hours than expected, but I'll get paid overtime. And really, what's 35 hours a week when I used to work 60 on the ship ... nothing to complain about, that's for sure.
No interesting stories to tell yet, but check back after the weekend to see what I get up to.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My impression (second-hand, but quite reliable) is that Koreans work imcredible hours. I think the 35 hours a week is just for teachers.

    It's good to hear that you're settling into Korea. Keep up the posts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home