A milestone
I just ordered pizza over the phone. No big deal, you say? It is when it's in another language! Prior to this I've always walked up the street to the pizza place and pointed to what I wanted... and wrote down my address for them. Then they'd deliver it.
Tonight I worked up the nerve to call and order it myself. I had it all written down so was able to say what I wanted. The problem is when they don't realize you're a foreigner, and go off on a speil at the end ... but I was able to tell her in korean that I was a foreigner, a Waygook, so she pieced together the english she knew and we communicated.
Tonight I worked up the nerve to call and order it myself. I had it all written down so was able to say what I wanted. The problem is when they don't realize you're a foreigner, and go off on a speil at the end ... but I was able to tell her in korean that I was a foreigner, a Waygook, so she pieced together the english she knew and we communicated.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home