Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Sunday, July 22, 2007

LIfe carries on and on and on and on ...

Still alive. I haven't posted in a while because I haven't been to civilization in so long. We've been busy at work lately, working loads of hours. This is our first day off in 3 weeks. It makes it all worthwhile when we check our bank accounts though. We expect to be at the resort for another month, so you still have time to send me a letter at that address (email me if you don't have it).
Interesting things that have happened over the last few weeks: not much at all ........... There's a poisonous snake who lives near our donga... a Death Adder. I haven't seen it yet, and I hope not to. At least there's no snake that surfaces in our toilet - one of the girls in another donga has that repeat visitor (as big around as a coke can, and over 6 feet long ... and Olive python). We'll be kept busy with work over the next few weeks still, and we'll be training new employees again as some of our co-workers are moving on. We're staying on as long as possible to help with that changeover. August 26 will be our final day there ... then we'll be on permanent vacation, never having to work again (in Australia, that is).

2 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy crow, they don't mince words, do they? I mean, Death Adder? What kind of name is that?!

    Be careful!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Death Adder? I know about Black Adder but never heard of Death one..
    Anyhow, I'm leaving this favorite Island of Yours and it's kinda sad, You know..
    Take care and out of the Death Adder way.., just in case for snake's sake..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home