Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Winter Vacation

We've had the last week off for winter vacation. Here are a couple shots from the week.


Christmas dinner at our place with some coworkers. It wasn't a big party since we had to work the next day.




We also found time for some karaoke at a singing room.

Here's Brian choosing a song.


At the singing room


Brian and I spent a few days in Seoul over the vacation. It was nice to get away and relax.

We took in some of the tourist things like this palace.



At the palace






For New Year's Eve we went to the Seoul festivities at City Hall. We joined this throng of people.
We were quite disappointed as there weren't even official fireworks. There was only the countdown and song. Then, whether we wanted to or not, we were pushed along with the crowd and moved out of there. I've never been in such a situation. Now I know how people get trampled in emergencies. Here are the police lined up 2 deep, holding hands





New Year's Day is special as it marks 3 years of Brian and I being a couple




We managed to sell our motorbike this week as we begin thinking about leaving Korea soon. We did a lot of walking in Seoul but we made up for it by eating a lot of good food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home