Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Windmill

Yesterday we got to climb the big wind turbine near our house. One of my brother's had to go up to take a picture of a broken part, so we tagged along for the thrill. It was a long climb and our forearms were pretty sore by the end of it. It was also a bit scary... We had harnesses on though, so it was very safe.

I wish I knew how to edit my double chin out of this picture .... I like the picture, so I'll post it anyway.


All harnessed up and ready to go...



Starting the climb - still smiling




Up, up, up, through three landings. We were able to unhook and rest at the landings before attempting the next section. I forget exactly how tall it was, but it was at least 220 feet.



The top swayed like a ship. There was the small hatch at the top out of which we could peek.

Can you see my house?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home