Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Saturday, May 02, 2009

April fun

We've been keeping busy during our time off. We took a bike trip near Brian's house. I overestimated my abilities though, and ended up having to stop after about 22 kms .... meaning Brian had to bike the full 36 kms and come pick me up with the car. We had plans to go out that night, so I would never have made it back in time otherwise.




On that bike ride I accidentally ran over this snake. I think it stunned him for a bit, since he hung around and posed for pictures. Don't worry, he wasn't as big as the photo makes him look.

We took a trip around Mahone Bay and Lunenburg - my first visit to those lovely places.


We like to visit Peggy's Cove as it's so close.



We've also been babysitting a lot, which included taking the boys to ball hockey ...


and watching Maria's 'May Pole' dance at school.






1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jill.....you've been all over the world, but you had never visited Mahone Bay or Lunenburg? lol

    I feel your pain on the biking trip....22 kms is still a long way - you should be proud!

    Janet

     

Post a Comment

<< Home