Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Sunday, June 26, 2005

something unusual

Last night there was a medical emergency code called, and the location was a crew cabin. The crew bar had to close as the bartender was part of the medical team. People were complaining that they couldn't get a drink. Turns out it was a philipino motorman who'd had a heart attack and died. This morning as I was on my way to check my email I was following some New York EMTs (or whoever takes care of that kind of stuff) down the hallway til they stopped at a refrigerater room ... I was quick to turn around and find an alternate route. I've been on a ship when a passenger has died, but not a crew member. This is sad.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes. If ever I go on a cruise I'm definately avoiding the freezers. It's probably nice to pass at sea though... Beats dying in a cubicle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home