Skiing = Sunburn

This weekend's excitement was a day of skiing. We left Changwon at 6am and arrived back at 8pm. The hill was 2 hours away. It was a long day.
I was pretty nervous about the whole thing, and really didn't want to go. I hadn't been skiing in 6 years ... and the last time I went I had a bad wipe out and damaged my thumb (which was never quite right after that...) I only went this time cause it was my friend's birthday.
I ended up having a good day. The weather was beautiful, as well as the scenery. I stayed on the same trail for most of the day. Many of the other skiiers on the hill didn't know what they were doing... my main concern was not to get hit by an out of control skiier or snowboarder... I was constantly looking behind me. I only fell 4 times, and 2 of those times were on my last run. Koreans are better drivers than they are skiiers, and that's saying a lot. Out of the 6 of us that went, 4 got hit and knocked down by other skiiers (I was one of the fortunate ones who didn't).
Unfortunately, with that beautiful weather came a sunburn (see the pic). You can see the definition line on my forehead where my hat was, and the line on the bridge of my nose where my sunglasses were. This pic was taken last night, and it seems worse today. I'm sure my students will get a kick out of it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home