Paragliding, Day 3
Today we got to the mountain and found that it was too windy to glide. We waited around at the top for an hour, hoping the wind would die down. I was a little bit glad that we wouldn't be jumping today, as I was a bit sore from yesterday. We ended up doing training on the ground, in a rice field, instead. Unfortunately, I wimped out a bit. I had the instructor helping me (Brian had our friend who knows what he's doing helping him) and I didn't understand much of what he said... it was a lot of, "you do this ...." (he has very limited English) and I didn't understand whether I was supposed to be doing what he said or not doing it. When I questioned back ( a 'this or that' question) the reply was yes. I felt like I wasn't doing anything right, and I didn't understand why any of it was being done (I have to know why ...). Anyway, I ended up getting really frustrated, and ended up crying. I stopped early. Anyway, I'll do better next time ... in a couple weeks time when we go again.


Here's a pic of the others doing their ground training

Here's a pic from yesterday - this is me getting ready to do my first jump. That's our friend Dave (the experienced guy) helping me.

In the air...

...on my way.

2 Comments:
At 11:48 PM,
Anonymous said…
You tell 'em. jill...(from Mother Goose)Don't let them put you in that class again.
At 1:59 AM,
Anonymous said…
Wow, Jill. Nothing but admiration from me! It's pretty cool what you're doing, I love the pictures. You were tired, sore, frustrated and not understanding the person who was trying to teach you life and death skills. And you're going back next time! Kudos to you.
Post a Comment
<< Home