Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Soccer Hype

Well, it's World Cup time again. Korea is abuzz with excitement - everyone here is a soccer fan since Korea co-hosted the last World Cup in 2002. Korea's first match is on tonight, a match they are expected to win.

I too, became a fan after being here in 2002. Here's a pic of supporters watching a Korea match on a big screen in 2002. They tried to keep people off the pitch, but there were too many people outside wanting to get in...

There will be many such big screens set up throughout the country tonight as Korea plays this (sure-to-win) match against Togo. I think I'll be at home watching it from my bed, however.



4 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jill said…

    Nice Kevin. Since they are in the same group as Korea, that gives Korea a greater chance of making it to the second round.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish I can see Brazil.., and they're not in the same group as Korea so maybe they'll meet in second round, ha? What do You think..?
    But the refrees are disaster...

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Roberto Carlos

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Hey Jill...
    i've never noticed your Weather Pixie at this hour - as i'm not normally up at this hour and if i am- i'm certainly not on your blog. But.. your pixie is looking rather scandalous at 5pm Korea time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home