Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekend Alone

I spent the majority of this weekend alone - Brian went to a bachelor party that took up most of the weekend. I kept busy, and enjoyed my time alone.
I went shopping, went to a movie with some girl friends, ordered pizza, cooked pasta sauce (for the first time ever!), made an apple pie, cleaned all the floors in my apartment, and got my air conditioner set up. I think I was quite productive.

Here are all my pasta ingredients ready for the pot.

Here's my apple pie - my 4th pie ever, and the first one with the proper crust (cause I found Crisco!). Brain said this was the best one yet. I would've liked the top crust to get a bit browner.

Does anyone else have things like this growing in their fridge? Upon coming across this, I threw it back in the fridge to deal with another time. I have similar looking carrots too. :P Don't worry though - I got rid of them after taking this pic.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that you're supposed to keep onions (if that's what they are) in a warm dry place.Works for me. (Mom)

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, two very contrasting pictures here at the end of your post. If ever I was wondering what the exact opposite of homemade apple pie is, I think now I know.

    Good work with the pie and pasta sauce and all that housework, I'm very impressed.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    love the pictures!
    and.. definitely never seen onions grow sprouts...
    the pie looks delicious :)
    Good For you , i'm totally impressed

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ..,so i heard Your voice.., and it was very nice and warm..,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home