Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Down Under


Brian and I celebrated 8 months together last week with this 'Chocolate Thunder from Down Under'. It's a brownie, ice cream, and whipped cream (supposedly), drizzed in chocolate sauce; the signature dessert at Outback Steakhouse. Don't worry, it's only the second time we've had it in 8 months. It was definitely a celebration of calories, but totally worth it.

Speaking of Down Under, we're planning on going there soon. Yes, I'm happy to say I won't be returning to Canada come December. We're going to Australia together for ... a few months after we finish in Korea. A few months being at least 6 and possibly 9. I do intend to be home for Christmas 2007...

Our good friend Dave (seen in the paragliding pics) is going to host us for our first few weeks and give us a proper introduction to his country. We'll then do the working holiday thing. I like the idea of working for a month and then taking a month off to play. After a vacationless year in Korea, I think I deserve a break.

So I'm counting down the days. Less than 100 left in this country, and less than 60 teaching days. Sweet! I know time flies here, so it'll be over before I know it.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you, Jill. A vacation is definitely in order, Australia should be fun - any gliding there? Definitely some scuba, right?

    I like that you're planning Christmas 2007 already. :)

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Carole said…

    Congrats, Jill! What's 100 days anyway!

     
  • At 2:40 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    So exciting that you two will take this vacation/ adventure together! Congratulations on eight months and here's to many more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home