Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ants!!


You know that feeling that a bug is crawling on you?

If you're in my apartment, there probably is a bug crawling on you. In the summer heat, I've ants all over my apartment (in the winter they tend to stay in one spot at a time).

I'm becoming quite immune, but it's really disgusting sometimes. I looked down at my itchy foot the other day, and saw at least 5 ants on it! (that's one of the extreme instances)

I spray vinegar on them, and I have ant traps and repellant throughout the apartment. I've no idea where they get in. My apartment is pretty clean too... I do my best... there doesn't always seem to be a food source where they congregate.

Any suggestions? I've looked online a bit... Try to think in terms of what might be available to me here in Korea - there's no Borax around....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jill,
    I read that ants don't like the smell of pepperments, maybe you could try something like that.
    Hope that you get rid of them.
    Murray will be leaving soon for Toronto to take his railway conductor course. He all exited.
    Hope all is well with you.

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just read this in my "Frugal Friends" newsletter. Not as pleasant as peppermint, I'll admit:

    There are two non-toxic and completely effective methods I've
    used and recommend. If you can see where the ants are coming
    in, throw a few cloves of garlic in the blender with a
    tablespoon or so of vegetable oil. Blend into a paste. Pour
    the paste across your threshold or wherever they are coming
    in. They'll never cross that line again.

    PS - Murray's taking a railway conductor course?!? That's so exciting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home