It's like a bad dream - I just want to wake up
Report on my friends:
Tessa had surgery this week putting pins into the 4 breaks in her pelvis. She'll have to remain on her back in bed recovering for at least 12 weeks. Her hand and foot may also need surgery to repair tendon damage.
Jay is not as lucky:
He has a few hemmorages in his brain, along with a skull fracture (it's unclear whether his helmet came off during the accident - I thought someone had taken it off immediately...). He's finally been moved to neuro ICU. His arm is badly broken, but because of the swelling, it cannot be set yet. The bone is starting to come through the skin, so there's the risk of infection there. His legs are not broken, one was dislocated, and has been reset. He's in a mental stupor, so it's like he's unconscious, but he still pulls at his restraints and fights to sit up (doing more damage to his arm). His father and girlfriend (who was travelling in Peru) are here now so we're getting more information from the doctors about his condition.
There were 3 bikes on the drive - two people on each. Brian and I were the first bike through the intersection, then our other friends. Jay and Tessa were the last ones through. I didn't see the collision, but I looked back a second later to see them both on the ground. It's a scary sight that haunts my thoughts. It's unclear why, but it seems he turned left into the path of the SUV.
Tessa had surgery this week putting pins into the 4 breaks in her pelvis. She'll have to remain on her back in bed recovering for at least 12 weeks. Her hand and foot may also need surgery to repair tendon damage.
Jay is not as lucky:
He has a few hemmorages in his brain, along with a skull fracture (it's unclear whether his helmet came off during the accident - I thought someone had taken it off immediately...). He's finally been moved to neuro ICU. His arm is badly broken, but because of the swelling, it cannot be set yet. The bone is starting to come through the skin, so there's the risk of infection there. His legs are not broken, one was dislocated, and has been reset. He's in a mental stupor, so it's like he's unconscious, but he still pulls at his restraints and fights to sit up (doing more damage to his arm). His father and girlfriend (who was travelling in Peru) are here now so we're getting more information from the doctors about his condition.
There were 3 bikes on the drive - two people on each. Brian and I were the first bike through the intersection, then our other friends. Jay and Tessa were the last ones through. I didn't see the collision, but I looked back a second later to see them both on the ground. It's a scary sight that haunts my thoughts. It's unclear why, but it seems he turned left into the path of the SUV.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home