Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Monday, July 03, 2006

July First

July first was a great day for us, not because it was Canada Day but because it was our 6 month anniversary. We celebrated with steaks at Outback Steakhouse, then to this fancy wine bar. Brian had heard about it from his students (who recommended he reserve a table). Turned out, we were the only customers there - strange being Saturday night. It had a great view of the big lake/park in the city, and great atmosphere. Brian doesn't know anything about wine, and I only know a little, but I got to be the one to test it first - felt quite important :P
We had exchanged gifts earlier in the week as we couldn't wait. I got him a watch and he got me an mp3 player and a book.




3 Comments:

  • At 2:32 AM, Blogger Carole said…

    Congrats Jill! You look beautiful.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations...

     
  • At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Six months, huh? I think, at that time, Hyekoo was in the midst of breaking up with me, unsuccessfully as it turned out. S we didn't really celebrate. In fact, we didn't celebrate our 1 year either. We're lowkey that way.
    Mmm, wine. I admit, what with the heavy hot weather, I've been drinking far more beer or gin and tonics than wine. Wine is for winter, in my opinion. And whites are for quaffing alone, Kevin. Reds for meals.

    Just my opinion though. I am a wine illiterate. South African wines are nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home