Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Friday, June 16, 2006

Soccer June 13th

Well, Brian and I did make it out to the city circle to watch the Korea/Togo match on Tuesday. We went mainly to watch the reaction of the Koreans. Unfortunately, we left at halftime, and missed Korea's first goal. We managed to get to the roof of the nearby department store at halftime, and Brian snapped these photos. On our way home we could hear fireworks which tipped us off that Korea had scored. This game was on at 10pm Korea time. Unfortunately, the next two Korea games (which are very important games now) are on at 4am local time. I figure I'll wake up for them... I probably wouldn't be able to sleep anyway with all the fans in the apartment buildings around me - it can get quite noisy. Speaking of which, have I mentioned that I can see 10 different apartment buildings when I look off my balcony??
Pre game
Halftime
view from our patch of grass
Oh, and someday, while paragling, I might get the chance to land in this city circle (it's normally empty). How cool would that be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home