Long weekend
We had a long weekend combined with a big festival here in Korea. It was a mud festival. Yes, mud. Like a mud mask that you put on your skin to make it softer. It's held at this beach, a normal beach, but they bring all this mud in and everyone paints themselves in mud. There were lots of fun things to do - inflatable mud pits, slides, and mud wrestling. We just got painted up, walked around, went for a swim to wash off the mud, then got painted up again :P A big group of us went from my town; we rented a bus to get there. It was great fun.
The festival was near Daejeon, which is the big city near where I worked last time I was in Korea. I took the opportunity to stop off there to see my little town. Also to see a Korean friend who I haven't seen since I left Korea before. We had a great time catching up. My little town... still little, but there were many new developments. Lots of changes- 4 new English schools, and my school has moved. The most surprising addition was a Baskin Robbins ... in that little town. Wow... good thing it wasn't there when I was - being the only western place in town, I may have frequented there a lot...
I don't have any pics yet from the mud festival. Given the nature of the event, carrying a camera was out of the question. We did use a disposible camera, so we'll see how those pics turn out.
The festival was near Daejeon, which is the big city near where I worked last time I was in Korea. I took the opportunity to stop off there to see my little town. Also to see a Korean friend who I haven't seen since I left Korea before. We had a great time catching up. My little town... still little, but there were many new developments. Lots of changes- 4 new English schools, and my school has moved. The most surprising addition was a Baskin Robbins ... in that little town. Wow... good thing it wasn't there when I was - being the only western place in town, I may have frequented there a lot...
I don't have any pics yet from the mud festival. Given the nature of the event, carrying a camera was out of the question. We did use a disposible camera, so we'll see how those pics turn out.
Here's a pic of my friend, Kyung Rim and I having coffee. She was my best Korean friend last time I was here.

Brian and I enjoyed a big feed of shell fish while at the festival.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home