Good news!
Back in June, when we each found out we had vacation time in October, we tried to book a flight for Thailand. October has a 3 day holiday for the Korean Thanksgiving, and we both convinced our schools to give us the other days off, making it a full week (logical, as the holidays fall on a Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday - makes sense to close for the full week). Unfortunately, it's one of the biggest holidays, and flights are hard to come by, even 4 months ahead of time. So we were put on a waiting list. We also tried waiting lists with two other agencies, one of which gave us a lot of hope. In early September, when we were to find out, we were very disappointed to hear that there seemed to be no chance. I cried. I did. I was disappointed that our vacation time would be 'wasted' in Korea. I've been here for 10 months, and I've not yet left the country. I expected to be able to do more travelling. (You know me with adding new countries to my list ...). I knew I'd get to Thailand eventually though ... we're planning on going there after Australia.
Well, this morning as I was sitting at my computer sipping my tea as usual, an email popped up on my screen. There was a flight opening for the dates we wanted! So we jumped on it, and transferred our money within 2 hours. Fully paid. Confirmed.
Two weeks from now I'll be in Thailand. For one week.
It'll be a new country for me, by the way. I know it's hard to keep track, but I've never been there. I've always wanted to go. I'm looking forward to laying on the beach in the sunshine, doing a couple scuba dives, and shopping. Brian is most excited about the shopping - he's been there a couple times before, and loves the weekend markets in Bangkok. For those of you who know the area, we're looking at going to Koh Tao for most of the week.
Well, this morning as I was sitting at my computer sipping my tea as usual, an email popped up on my screen. There was a flight opening for the dates we wanted! So we jumped on it, and transferred our money within 2 hours. Fully paid. Confirmed.
Two weeks from now I'll be in Thailand. For one week.
It'll be a new country for me, by the way. I know it's hard to keep track, but I've never been there. I've always wanted to go. I'm looking forward to laying on the beach in the sunshine, doing a couple scuba dives, and shopping. Brian is most excited about the shopping - he's been there a couple times before, and loves the weekend markets in Bangkok. For those of you who know the area, we're looking at going to Koh Tao for most of the week.
1 Comments:
At 3:52 AM,
Anonymous said…
Thailand has always been on my list of places to go before I die. I'm glad you'll get to go for your vacation, Jill - take lots of pictures!
Post a Comment
<< Home