Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Thursday, November 30, 2006

One more week!

One week left in Korea! I teach right up until Wednesday night. On Thursday we'll head for Seoul, and fly outta here on Friday (if everything goes according to plan).

You would think that a flight to Australia would not be long from this part of the world. It's longer than I expected. If I've got the time zone adjustments made correctly, we have a 6.5 hour flight to Singapore, a 10 hour layover there, and a 7.5 hour flight to Brisbaine. We're hoping to be able to leave the airport and see some things during our stopover in Singapore. If not, well, Singapore's got one of the best airports in the world, so I think we'll be alright.

Things area busy here. I'm starting to get organized so I can pack soon. Since it's summer in Aus it makes it a little more difficult to pack. I'm mailing all my winter clothes and useless things to Canada next week. I'm a little nervous about having to take so little luggage to Aus.... I have to keep reminding myself that I can buy things there.

I've already got mail waiting for me in Australia! A letter has arrived for me at our friend's parent's house. The address is legit. If you don't have the address and want it, send me an email. After December 29th I won't be at that address, so get a move on with all those Christmas cards and gifts :P

1 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I envy your layover in Singapore (best city in Asia that I've visited). You'll definitely have time to go through immigration and take the train into the city. Congrants on making it through your time in Korea and good luck with your Australian adventure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home