Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

wasting time

I decided I needed something to do to show for my days here. While shopping yesterday I picked up a crochet hook, some yarn, and a pattern. I must say, I'm quite proud of my first production. Can I also say reading a crochet pattern is like reading a different language: Sl st in next ch-1 sp. Ch 3. 1 dc in same space as last sl st. ch1. Miss next 2 dc. 2 dc in next ch-1 sp .... I had to unravel it a couple times at the beginning, but I soon got the hang of it. It is in my blood, after all, right Dorie?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    You deserve a gold star! Hats are so hard to do, that that looks very neat and properly-sized. And on top of that, it looks very nice on you!

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, I am totally impressed!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look so good with that hat..,alomst like 14 (and 1/2) year old...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home