Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Catching up

I'm sorry I've once again abandoned my blog for a while. I don't have much of an excuse. We're spending a week at a time at my place and B's. His dad doesn't have a computer let alone the internet. He doesn't even have a clothes dryer, simply because he doesn't need it. He's capable of hanging up his clothes to dry... That's no excuse though, as it's been more than 2 weeks since I've updated my blog, and we were only there one week so far.

To sum up the last couple weeks:


Still no job lined up. Since it's crucial to have access to the internet while looking for the type of job we want, we decided to wait until we got back to my place rather than at B's. Now at my place, we're delayed yet again since it's Chinese New Year's, and all the recruiting offices in Korea are on holiday all this week. By the time they'll be back in their offices, we'll be back at B's place..... grrrrrrr


While at my place we spend lots of time with the kids, playing in the snow and such. At Brian's we went skating on the lake behind his house- it was really cool that the only marks on the ice were from our skates.


We've been playing our new game a lot- for my birthday I got a nintendo DS, and B and I compete on the Brain Age game.


I'm still crocheting - I finished a sweater for my 10 month old niece. I'm working on a 'granny square' afghan now.


B and I spent a night at Acadia visiting Carole and a friend of B's - we had a great time.


B and I spent the afternoon trying to do our taxes.... Canadian, yes, which is very silly since we didn't work here...


Here are some random photos to sum up the last few weeks:


Here's Mark with his sweet little girl

Mom's kitties don't like each other. They each have their own territories and they keep a close eye on one another.


Canadian Parlament buildings from the back


Maureen and Nick joined us for my birthday dinner at Outback Steakhouse

This is Brian and his brother Bill playing playstation at Bill's place where we stayed the month in Ottawa.

B and I checked out Peggy's Cove as he lives very near there

Here's the finished sweater for Maya. I'm working on the afghan in the picture now.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, good pictures! Congrats on finishing the crocheting project - amazing! I like the one of B and his brother playing a video game. I guess standing to play might be a bit more of a workout (somewhat?) but can't be very comfortable. I like the one of parliament, too. Nice non-traditional view.

    Hope all is going well, good luck with the (eventual) job hunt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home