Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Monday, December 07, 2009

Anecdotes

Today a parent of one of my new students stood outside our playground fence taking a video. To prevent his child from noticing him (resulting in crying) he wore a plastic bag over his head.

When Brian had an interview with the mother of one of his students, the mother blew kisses to Brian at the beginning and end of the meeting. She was from mainland China and didn't speak a word of English (the meeting was translated). She didn't even understand, "Hello, how are you?".

I have a Jayden, a Kaden, and an Aden in my class. I feel like an old lady when I confuse their names saying two others before I get it right.

I now have 24 kids in my class. I considered quitting twice last week (in passing, not seriously). I now have another assistant, thankfully. I lost my voice last week, but still had to (squeakily) sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" and other such songs above the noise of 7 crying 2 year olds.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You painted a greaet picture of your trials in the classroom..hmm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home