Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Saturday, December 25, 2004

A crappy night

Last night was full of crap - literally.

Early in our program we smelled something funny. Turns out one of the 4 year olds crapped in his pants. We tried calling his parents, but they weren't in the room. The next step is to walk around the ship with the child looking for them. Since I had discovered his 'mess', I was the lucky one. Oh, and this was one of the stinkiest craps I'd ever smelled. We walked all over the ship ... for nearly an hour, without any luck. WE went back to the kids center and (luckily there and not when we were out around the ship) he decided to shit some more ... out came a log on the floor. See, the kid didn't have underware on .... it would've been a better situation if he'd had on underware. Oh, and the boy is slightly autistic. I tried to get him to wipe off his legs in the bathroom, but he didn't get the concept. I had to do it... I nearly puked, and I have a strong stomach. Luckily, his parents arrived soon after. Turns out, they arrived at the first restaurant that I checked 10 minutes after I was there looking for them.... and I didn't go back there since I'd already checked ....
Anyway, turns out the boy is afraid of the noise that the toilets make when they flush. I felt bad for the parents. ... the felt bad for me. (hope they tip well) The boy didn't cry at all ... it could have been worse if he had.
Oh, then three other kids in diapers decided to shit one after the other. Their parent's have beepers, so we were able to page them. That room constantly smelled of shit all evening though. It was one crappy night.

On another note, Merry Christmas all. ... my morning will being at 7:30 am ... working. :(

4 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jill...sorry about your crappy experience.That sounds like a Murray thing ...way back when...afraid of the noisy toilets.Do the toilets work different ...never mind...it's not high on my list.
    Hope you find something to be happy about tomorrow...surely it won't be a usual day. ??Love ya..Mom

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Jill said…

    The toilets are like airplane toilets, with a loud sucking sound accompanying each flush.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Carole said…

    Wow, Jill, that sounds like it wins the 'worst Christmas eve ever' contest hands down. Just reading it made me gag. Yucky kids.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    L O L

     

Post a Comment

<< Home