Definitely an interesting week
Well, it certainly has been an interesting week. Luckily it was just a five day cruise, not a nine day. It's Spring Break at the Univeristy of Miami and the University of Florida. Carnival won't let people under the age of 25 book rooms. Norwegian does. That means we had tonnes of 18-24 year olds onboard this week. Causing as much trouble as you can imagine. People had to be carried onboard after the first port (where there's no drinking age) (drinking age onboard is 21). The Captain threatened to offlaod people at our second port (and ended up leaving 3 people). Extra security (Miami Sherriffs) were flown in to join the ship at our first port. These college students were up all night ... woke us us some nights, cause they were running the hallways. Taking off their tops in the hottubs (around children too!).
On the plus side, we only had 41 kids under the age of 17 onboard. That's the lowest kid count that I've ever worked with. Amazing. So it was an easy week, workwise. Very interesting. It was like watching a movie ... think of what you'd picture Spring Break to be from a movie. That's what it's like. Every single crew member is so glad that it's over. The Captain (who I met today - I got to sit on his lap for a picture) is signing off tomorrow ... and is so glad to be doing so.
What a crazy week.
On the plus side, we only had 41 kids under the age of 17 onboard. That's the lowest kid count that I've ever worked with. Amazing. So it was an easy week, workwise. Very interesting. It was like watching a movie ... think of what you'd picture Spring Break to be from a movie. That's what it's like. Every single crew member is so glad that it's over. The Captain (who I met today - I got to sit on his lap for a picture) is signing off tomorrow ... and is so glad to be doing so.
What a crazy week.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home