Still alive
I'm not very good at updating my blog frequently, am I? Well, I am having fun here, and I don't normally have much time or money ... blah blah blah. No excuse, I know.
Hmmm, I celebrated Canada Day on the ship last week. Everyone else celebrated "International Day" which is all good, but why did they choose to have that party on July 1st? It didn't deter me ... I showed up in full Canadian garb. It was definitely a different Canada day than what we celebrated here last summer. I took lots of pictures ... which you'll see when I get around to uploading them .... who knows when.
I went to the caves in Bermuda last week. It was the first time that I'd seen them, despite being here all last summer. Took some pictures ... they're not worth going to again. I also took a little bike trip last week. Anyone remember my bicycle attempt last summer? This was much better. For one thing it wasn't too hilly. And, it was just a short loop, with lots of stops along the way. Fun fun.
I'm working the teen group this week, which means that I don't finish until 1am most nights. It cuts down on my socializing, but it's been such a good week anyway. This group of teens is the best group I've ever worked with. It's really fun.
People continue to come and go... friends are leaving tomorrow, and new people are coming. That's life.
Hmmm, I celebrated Canada Day on the ship last week. Everyone else celebrated "International Day" which is all good, but why did they choose to have that party on July 1st? It didn't deter me ... I showed up in full Canadian garb. It was definitely a different Canada day than what we celebrated here last summer. I took lots of pictures ... which you'll see when I get around to uploading them .... who knows when.
I went to the caves in Bermuda last week. It was the first time that I'd seen them, despite being here all last summer. Took some pictures ... they're not worth going to again. I also took a little bike trip last week. Anyone remember my bicycle attempt last summer? This was much better. For one thing it wasn't too hilly. And, it was just a short loop, with lots of stops along the way. Fun fun.
I'm working the teen group this week, which means that I don't finish until 1am most nights. It cuts down on my socializing, but it's been such a good week anyway. This group of teens is the best group I've ever worked with. It's really fun.
People continue to come and go... friends are leaving tomorrow, and new people are coming. That's life.
1 Comments:
At 8:54 AM,
Anonymous said…
There used to be, may still be, an area called Tom Moore's Jungle just before you took the causeway going toward the airport. Anyway, there are "wild" caves there - caves too small and remote to be commercial.
We used to camp in the "jungle" and explore the caves. You needed a flashflight but not much else, hmmmm string to follow back out?
Hundreds of years ago, well... a long time ago, there were wild pigs on the island. We found pig skeletons in the caves.
Post a Comment
<< Home