Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

back online

Alright, so I do feel a little bit shallow for being so lost without the internet. But hey, I just got to a foreign country... with 3 English tv channels (and no interesting ones) and nobody else to talk to. I do have books, thanks for that comment, Andrew. Actually, there are a lot of good books left in the apartment by other teachers, and I'm looking forward to getting into them (Time Traveler's Wife is next).
Today was a busy day... I went to the immigration office in a nearby city to apply for my alien status ... woo hoo... the joys of being an alien. Then, spent the afternoon helping to thaw my water pipes. Apparently, my pipes froze overnight (luckily didn't burst). I thought I was doing the right thing by putting an extra blanket on my bed and turning the heat down. Apparently I'm supposed to let the tap drip all night to prevent this from happening again... And, obviously, I got my internet fixed. While my director was here, we called an internet guy in, and he came to fix the problem. I've no clue what the problem was (I had to leave for work) but I do know that it wasn't my fault... :P I'm just happy to be online again.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good news about the internet. I tend to check my email/website/anything else online about 70 times a day. I would be lost without it, too.

    M.

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I shouldn't say anything, actually. I haven't read an actual book in around a month. I do read quite a few magazines and journals, and not Hello! or anything like that. Usually.

    I do seem to recall though, that you were not much into books. Could be a mistake, that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home