This is the day
I'm finished teaching! Thank God.
And I'm only getting paid $1000 less than I expected. How great is that?
When I came last year I took this job at a lower pay than average as I was told I wouldn't be taxed. Today Mrs Kim decided to tax me on the whole year. I'm quite sure that money is not making its way to the tax office, but I don't have the time to investigate.
Also, because they don't know the definition of embarkation, as in "return flight to point of embarkation" they will only pay me for a flight to Toronto, not NS. Stupid Koreans. Oh, and Mr Kim was no help, as Mrs Kim called him at 4am his time for me to get him to explain it to me. He was as grumpy as a bear and has a different definition of point of embarkation.
I can't wait to get out of this country.
And I'm only getting paid $1000 less than I expected. How great is that?
When I came last year I took this job at a lower pay than average as I was told I wouldn't be taxed. Today Mrs Kim decided to tax me on the whole year. I'm quite sure that money is not making its way to the tax office, but I don't have the time to investigate.
Also, because they don't know the definition of embarkation, as in "return flight to point of embarkation" they will only pay me for a flight to Toronto, not NS. Stupid Koreans. Oh, and Mr Kim was no help, as Mrs Kim called him at 4am his time for me to get him to explain it to me. He was as grumpy as a bear and has a different definition of point of embarkation.
I can't wait to get out of this country.
1 Comments:
At 11:18 AM,
Anonymous said…
Honestly Jill, I don't know how you put up with it. Kudos.
And, enjoy your travels - let the sun melt those stresses away!
Post a Comment
<< Home