Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Zealand!!

We arrived safely in New Zealand today! I'm sorry I didn't have time to post while I was in Sydney, but I was just out having too much fun with Brian and Kathy. Among the highlights was that we sold our car within 24 hours, and, we got $500 more than what we paid for it (though we had to put in some money along the way in repairs...). Getting rid of the car was a big burden off our shoulders. After that we were free to kick back and relax. We sure did a lot of walking along the streets of downtown Sydney, but we compensated by enjoying a lot of great dinners out. We celebrated Brian's birthday on Sunday - I took him on a jet boat cruise of the harbour, where they take you around, doing 360's, and we got soaked despite the big raincoats we had to wear. Along with Kathy, I did a 'hop on, hop off' bus tour, a day pass on the ferries, coffees, dinners, shopping, museums, movies - what would make a more perfect holiday? It helped that we were both able to splurge, though we didn't go overboard.
So now we're in another country. We're settled into a nice hostel and we'll explore Christchurch this week. Next week we have a camper van rented, and we'll be off to see the rest of the South Island.
It wasn't sad saying goodbye to Australia - I feel like I've seen enough - there's nothing that I regret missing out on. It was nice to end it on a high note. We didn't spend more than 2 days in any other Australian city, so being in Sydney was so different it was almost like another country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home