On my own
I'm on my own in Sydney tonight. Kathy arrives in Sydney tomorrow morning, and Brian has gone on to Victoria to paraglide for the weekend. It's been a long time since I've been a solo traveller. To make it even more difficult, I had my big backpack on. Let it be known that after having the luxury of travelling in a car for a year, it's difficult to reduce one's possessions to a backpack. Another roadblock that made my solo day more difficult was that I didn't have my hostel booked (it was a last minute plan for Brian to go to Victoria a day early) nor did I really know where it was (I haven't had internet access in the last couple days). I did make it on my own though, and relished in my independence.
I had a semi-emotional day yesterday while packing my backpack. I had to throw out so much stuff, most of it junk, but also things I wanted, but just had no room for. In cleaning out the car, I was sad to think that I wouldn't be riding in it anymore. It was my last night sleeping in our tent. It means we'll soon be leaving Australia. While travelling in to Sydney, I found myself wanting to delay getting to the city, as it meant the final stop in our Aussie adventure.
I'm so excited to be seeing Kathy tomorrow, and to hang out in this city with her for a few days. Soon Brian and I will be on our way to New Zealand. Then I'll get to go home for December. Even though I'm sad to be leaving Australia, I've so much more to look forward to.
I had a semi-emotional day yesterday while packing my backpack. I had to throw out so much stuff, most of it junk, but also things I wanted, but just had no room for. In cleaning out the car, I was sad to think that I wouldn't be riding in it anymore. It was my last night sleeping in our tent. It means we'll soon be leaving Australia. While travelling in to Sydney, I found myself wanting to delay getting to the city, as it meant the final stop in our Aussie adventure.
I'm so excited to be seeing Kathy tomorrow, and to hang out in this city with her for a few days. Soon Brian and I will be on our way to New Zealand. Then I'll get to go home for December. Even though I'm sad to be leaving Australia, I've so much more to look forward to.
1 Comments:
At 7:53 AM,
Anonymous said…
Wow, Jill! What an amazing adventure you've been having - little wonder you're a bit emotional with then end (the end of this portion, at least) in sight. But New Zealand awaits, as do all the other countries you haven't been able to check off your list yet.
I must admit though, I'm glad Canada's in the books for December. I can't wait to hear your stories!
Post a Comment
<< Home