My Vacation
A big bonus of my job is the vacation time. Unfortunately it's all during peak travel time. Flights are at least 3 times the regular price, making me cringe at the idea of traveling.
We spent our two weeks of Christmas vacation here in HK. Here's what I accomplished:





We spent our two weeks of Christmas vacation here in HK. Here's what I accomplished:
We had a lovely, relaxing Christmas with just the two of us.
We had a fabulous turkey dinner on Christmas day ... (the turkey was progressively less fabulous for the next 6 meals)
I chose this Christmas gift for us ... we've spent hours playing Scrabble over our vacation.
We went to the "Big Buddha", a tourist attraction that has been on our list since we arrived.
We took a day trip to Macau by ferry. Cheap, and another passport stamp. Sweet. A day was all we needed. We walked a lot... at least 10km. I spent less than $20 there though.
We spent some time in a casino in Macau (MGM Grand)... I slow played my $3 for about 30 minutes in a slot machine.

I finished reading my book ... about the settlement of HK.

I set the wheels in motion to get a new passport. Not an easy task when you're not in Canada, mind you. I had to recall my residential addresses and work phone numbers for the past 5 years. That was tough for me.

We went to Disneyland! It was a first for both of us, and we got to go for free. Our coworker used to be a dancer there and got us in for free. Here we are with our coworker and his visiting cousin. It sounds cliche, but it truly was magical.

This was at a 3-D show at Disney, but I put the photo up to mention that we went to see Avatar, the new 3-D movie. Brian went without me, then went with me the next day cause it was that good.

It's been 4 years since Brian and I have started dating. We celebrated with dinner out downtown. (old pic)

I got to sleep-in a lot, take lots of bubble baths, forgo deodorant and makeup most days, read, watch a lot of movies and TV, research online for wedding ideas, eat a lot of junk food.... It was an ideal vacation. The idea of going back to school tomorrow bothers me more than it ever did when I was a student .... Sigh.
Just 5 weeks until our next week long vacation ...
I finished reading my book ... about the settlement of HK.

I set the wheels in motion to get a new passport. Not an easy task when you're not in Canada, mind you. I had to recall my residential addresses and work phone numbers for the past 5 years. That was tough for me.

We went to Disneyland! It was a first for both of us, and we got to go for free. Our coworker used to be a dancer there and got us in for free. Here we are with our coworker and his visiting cousin. It sounds cliche, but it truly was magical.
This was at a 3-D show at Disney, but I put the photo up to mention that we went to see Avatar, the new 3-D movie. Brian went without me, then went with me the next day cause it was that good.
It's been 4 years since Brian and I have started dating. We celebrated with dinner out downtown. (old pic)
I got to sleep-in a lot, take lots of bubble baths, forgo deodorant and makeup most days, read, watch a lot of movies and TV, research online for wedding ideas, eat a lot of junk food.... It was an ideal vacation. The idea of going back to school tomorrow bothers me more than it ever did when I was a student .... Sigh.
Just 5 weeks until our next week long vacation ...
1 Comments:
At 1:02 AM,
maureen said…
I LOVED Tai Pan! :) Sounds like a great holiday, Jill. (And congrats to you and Brian!
Post a Comment
<< Home