holidays
So Christmas day on the ship? Well, I started working at 7:30 am. That wasn't fun. We had to help with the present distribution to all the kids. Then had a couple hours break. Worked again all afternoon and all evening. By the end of the night, I had forgotten that it was a special day.
So how does New Year's look? Well, my name happens to come up in the late night babysitting list ... with probably tonnes of kids. Oh well, I can let everyone else celebrate, eh? Oh, and as if that wasn't bad enough, I have to swipe (passenger's ID cards as they get off the ship) the next morning at 7am. May as well since I'm not partying, eh? (not that I volunteered). Take one for the team, right? Well, it wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't missed the last big party. One of the other girls had a b-day last week, and I had the same situation ... babysitting late night and swiping the next morning. Sucks.
Other than that though, things are good here. Today we were in Puerto Rico, and I quite enjoyed the 2 hours I got to spend there. It was my 24th country/territory. Tomorrow, after I babysit all morning, if I still have time to get off the ship in St Thomas, I'll have surpasses my age in countries/territories. That'll be my big celebration.
So how does New Year's look? Well, my name happens to come up in the late night babysitting list ... with probably tonnes of kids. Oh well, I can let everyone else celebrate, eh? Oh, and as if that wasn't bad enough, I have to swipe (passenger's ID cards as they get off the ship) the next morning at 7am. May as well since I'm not partying, eh? (not that I volunteered). Take one for the team, right? Well, it wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't missed the last big party. One of the other girls had a b-day last week, and I had the same situation ... babysitting late night and swiping the next morning. Sucks.
Other than that though, things are good here. Today we were in Puerto Rico, and I quite enjoyed the 2 hours I got to spend there. It was my 24th country/territory. Tomorrow, after I babysit all morning, if I still have time to get off the ship in St Thomas, I'll have surpasses my age in countries/territories. That'll be my big celebration.
3 Comments:
At 4:24 PM,
Anonymous said…
I'm hearing ya , jill...Love MOM
At 7:59 PM,
Carole said…
Props to you (I'm not sure what that means, but I think this is the appropriate use), Jill, for making your own celebration for your own reason. I'm jealous - you've hit your ideal countries visited to years lived ratio. Congrats! And sorry about your Christmas, sounds yucky.
At 12:25 PM,
Cookie said…
May I remind you.
Its 11:23pm.. New Years Eve. I'm home, ALONE ..with my dog.
I can't drink, because I drank the entire bar lastnight. I even tried to sip on a cesar, to numb the pain of being such a geek tonight. lol... COULDN'T DO IT! ..still feeling the effects of lastnights alcohol. Your New Years is much more eventful, and hellO? At least its warm out!
Happy New Years :)
Post a Comment
<< Home