Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Saturday, January 09, 2010

young

We had a field trip with our school today. The parents came with their kids, so my job wasn't too difficult.
One family told me I "look very young. Like a teenager". I'm used to being told that I look young, but I haven't gotten 'teenager' in a long time. I replied with, "Well, I turn 30 next week, so thanks for the compliment".
I guess it bothers me when people (especially the parent's of my students) think I'm young because they probably don't think I'm competent enough to look after their child along with 25 others.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:03 AM, Anonymous maureen said…

    If it makes you feel any better, one of our friends was telling us a story of getting the flu shot. The nurse asked her age, she said "thirty." The nurse said, "ok, thirteen." She said again, "No, thirty. Thirty." The nurse said, "Yes, thirteen, right?"

    Um, the difference between 30 and 13 is a lot...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home