Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life update

No, I haven't given up on my blog, I've just been lazy about posting. Now that Brian and I share a blog, I let him take care of the other one. That allows me to be lazy regarding this one.

I'm still loving HK. We're thinking of staying another year at our school .... things at school have settled down and we're pretty optimistic that they'll want/need us back. It's also quite possible that we'll stay longer that in HK. We'll take it year by year though, and see what happens.

Since my last post I went to Bali and Tokyo (yet with all that excitement, still didn't feel any desire to post). Check out those trips on our other blog here.

I've got 26 two year olds in my class now, with another 5 joining next week. The maximum is 32 kids. I have two helpers but one is .... not as good as the other.

We have 8 weeks until our next vacation (Easter) and things have been so busy at work lately that I'm totally counting down (yes, it's only been 1.5 weeks since my last vacation ended...).

I do an afternoon class with one year olds. They come with a parent/nanny and the purpose is to introduce them to school life. I really enjoy teaching this class - I have it down to a science. I teach two classes, twice a week each, and I'm proud to say that they're both at capacity(12). When one 10 class session ends, more than 70% of them sign up again for the following session. It's nice for the ego, but means I'm extremely busy. My afternoon classes take more preparation than my morning class.


Here's a photo from our trip to Japan. My cousin Kathy lives there and my other cousin Carole was visiting at the same time as us. We had a ball.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home