Staying Longer
I'm staying here on the ship longer than expected. My sign off date was September 4th, this weekend, but I'm going to extend until September 25th.
This week we have a crazy number of kids onboard, the most kids that we've had all summer. After this week though, kids go back to school and our numbers drop from 250 to 60. That'll be easy. The reason I'm staying is that we have a new YC who is from Brazil who can barely speak English. They brought her on to train for when the ship goes to South America in the winter. Unfortunately, she's almost useless this week, cause she can't explain games, nor can she talk to parents. Anyway, I told them that I could stay on longer, since I don't have anything pressing at home. I'll stay on while she trains. It's a safety issue really ... she can't be left with her own age group (which is what happens in low season ... one YC per age group). And 3 more weeks in Bermuda? How could I say no to that? :) :) :)
This week we have a crazy number of kids onboard, the most kids that we've had all summer. After this week though, kids go back to school and our numbers drop from 250 to 60. That'll be easy. The reason I'm staying is that we have a new YC who is from Brazil who can barely speak English. They brought her on to train for when the ship goes to South America in the winter. Unfortunately, she's almost useless this week, cause she can't explain games, nor can she talk to parents. Anyway, I told them that I could stay on longer, since I don't have anything pressing at home. I'll stay on while she trains. It's a safety issue really ... she can't be left with her own age group (which is what happens in low season ... one YC per age group). And 3 more weeks in Bermuda? How could I say no to that? :) :) :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home