Plans
This is it - the last day of the vacation ... for the others, that is. I'm so thankful that I don't have to go back to Korea. I try not to rub it in too much. Brian and I will soon begin our journey together throughout this great country.
Our first step is to buy a van. We're hoping to find a decent one for about 3000$ Aus. We'll be van shopping over the next few days. Once we get a van, we'll be on our way. Our plans are very loose right now. In fact, we don't know whether we'll concentrate on the East coast or the West. We have decided that our first destination will be Tasmania. There's a lot to see and do there, so we're hoping to also find our first job while on the island.
Christmas was great. It consisted of sleeping all morning, golf for the guys, tv for the girls, and a big dinner with our friends and Dave's family. It was no bbq on the beach, however. This area had the coldest Christmas day on record... only about 15 degrees (remember it's summer here).
Brian and I have New Year's Eve plans set for Melbourne. The new year will also mark our one year dating anniversary.
Stay tuned for more pictures. I'll try to get those up within the next few days.
Our first step is to buy a van. We're hoping to find a decent one for about 3000$ Aus. We'll be van shopping over the next few days. Once we get a van, we'll be on our way. Our plans are very loose right now. In fact, we don't know whether we'll concentrate on the East coast or the West. We have decided that our first destination will be Tasmania. There's a lot to see and do there, so we're hoping to also find our first job while on the island.
Christmas was great. It consisted of sleeping all morning, golf for the guys, tv for the girls, and a big dinner with our friends and Dave's family. It was no bbq on the beach, however. This area had the coldest Christmas day on record... only about 15 degrees (remember it's summer here).
Brian and I have New Year's Eve plans set for Melbourne. The new year will also mark our one year dating anniversary.
Stay tuned for more pictures. I'll try to get those up within the next few days.
1 Comments:
At 7:11 AM,
Anonymous said…
Jill, I'm really glad you're having a good time (and that you're not going back to Korea with the others.) Sounds like a break from teaching is much needed!! Enjoy the sun and sand, and Happy New Year!!
PS - Why a van? motorcycle/car not good enough for Australia?
Post a Comment
<< Home