Hair
I got my hair cut yesterday. It's a bit shorter than I wanted, but any longer and it'd hardly be changed. I had to cross my fingers that it would still keep it's wave. This is after a day of teaching, so it's not at its best. I'm happy that it's wavy though.
I'm holding a lot of envelopes. It's the tradition for holidays and special events that the Chinese give "Lai See"- envelopes with money inside. At Chinese New Year, married people generally give Lai See to unmarried people. The more money you give, the more fortune you get in the coming year. I got one from a student's parent and the rest from coworkers. Raked in about $40 CDN. I like this tradition. Now what to spend it on...

I'm holding a lot of envelopes. It's the tradition for holidays and special events that the Chinese give "Lai See"- envelopes with money inside. At Chinese New Year, married people generally give Lai See to unmarried people. The more money you give, the more fortune you get in the coming year. I got one from a student's parent and the rest from coworkers. Raked in about $40 CDN. I like this tradition. Now what to spend it on...
Here are some pretty flowers that Brian got for us last week.
2 Comments:
At 3:53 AM,
Kathleen said…
Jill your hair looks GORGEOUS! I like the wave and the length is perfect. Congrats on the red envelopes- it seems only fair that married people help us poor singletons out financially :)
At 10:45 PM,
maureen said…
Lai See is all good until you get married!
Post a Comment
<< Home