Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Monday, February 15, 2010

CNY

Ok, I think I've finally gotten to the point where I think 11C is cold. Last week it was sunny and 27 while we were teaching. Booo... this is my holiday. It's predicting cold and rain for every day this week.

We had a great time at the CNY parade last night. I debated whether I'd go to it: 1. I don't like big crowds. 2. I knew we'd have to wait a long time to get a good spot. 3. There was rain in the forecast. 4. I could get a much better, cozier view watching it on TV.

We found a great spot, stuck it out, and the rain held off. I loved it. We had such a great time.





This was one of my favorite acts... these dancing swamp monsters from Korea. We don't have a good picture of them, but I think they're pretty well done. My other favorite was the stilt walkers from Belgium. There was a gap in the parade because of them... strange.


It'd really suck if your job was to play the back end of the lion. I thought my back got sore from my job ....


One more thing - Good thing I'm not superstitious- I'd be screwed in both cultures: I broke my make-up mirror yesterday ... had to clean it up on the first day of Chinese New Year. You're not supposed to do any cleaning on the holiday as it 'sweeps your good luck out the door'. My good luck is in the trash with lots of shards of my mirror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home