Some people ...
At school today one two year old bit another two year old. Thankfully it wasn't in my class. The parent of the bitee was angry and wanted the biter's parents to pay for the doctor's fee. Later, after being told the other parent apologized and felt bad, they 'dropped the charges'.
The other parent was not apologetic, however, and was in fact very angry. That's right, the parent's of the biter were angry. They felt that the school was at fault for not teaching their child not to bite. They then threatened to withdraw their child from the school. The child has only been attending for one and a half months.
I think my experiences here are preparing me to be a good parent: 1) I understand that kids get hurt no matter how much bubble wrap you put around them. 2)The other day I caught a kid's puke in my hands (I had tissue in my hands ... I was about to wipe his eyes when he began retching) and I only flinched a bit.
Don't worry though, no plans for kids yet.
The other parent was not apologetic, however, and was in fact very angry. That's right, the parent's of the biter were angry. They felt that the school was at fault for not teaching their child not to bite. They then threatened to withdraw their child from the school. The child has only been attending for one and a half months.
I think my experiences here are preparing me to be a good parent: 1) I understand that kids get hurt no matter how much bubble wrap you put around them. 2)The other day I caught a kid's puke in my hands (I had tissue in my hands ... I was about to wipe his eyes when he began retching) and I only flinched a bit.
Don't worry though, no plans for kids yet.
1 Comments:
At 7:10 PM,
maureen said…
I think catching throw-up qualifies you for sainthood, not only parenthood!
Post a Comment
<< Home