Jill

Rantings of a Traveller

Sunday, May 09, 2010

My Mom is Fantastic!

I read a story to my students this week called "My Mom is Fantastic". It made me smile to think about all the ways in which my own mom is fantastic.
Just to name a few:
My mom is a great artist. She has a natural talent for painting and she is very crafty.
She can play any instrument that she comes across. I often brag about this.
She raised a household of 4 boys and me, not to mention kept/keeping my dad in order.
She's made countless meals, loads of laundry, and birthday cakes, with little thanks.
She's a cool grandmother.

As I get older, I see myself becoming more and more like my mother. This bothered me as a teenager though I'm proud to be similar to her now.

One piece of wisdom I find myself repeating often (to myself, Brian, and my students) is "Sometimes yes and sometimes no". I remember hearing my mom say it often when I was a child. It rings true in so many situations.

I love you mom!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home